View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JoeysGirl

TreadingWater,

My girlfriend lived in an apartment complex and they had a string of break ins. They lived in a gated place with a security guard, or swipe card when he wasnt there, and each had their own door so I guess they were more like townhouses, but anyway; they found out it was an inside job. Someone associated with someone who lived there. And the management company was not responsible. I dont think that would be true unless they had defined security measures that failed and left the residents open to theft.

Im new here, but since your asking for opinions. I think it is ok for you to help your son remove his stuff. It sounds like its an issue of not having transportation. I think if you start playing head games thinking that if I do this it will have this effect and cause him to see the consequences, or if I do this maybe it will be better for him - that is gonna make you crazy, and its still trying to control him; if your motivation for not doing something is to get a certain outcome from him.
I think, simply decide if this is something that you want to do based on your own judgement and feelings. I mean if you are tired of doing for him ( and I cant tell from yoru post; maybe this is way too common with him), then its ok not to. But if its not a big deal effort wise, and it would make you feel good, then go ahead. If you look back in a month wil you have any regrets for your decision?
Thats my thought.