View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
treadingwater

Hi Ann, Cynical one, crazybabie, kmangel and anvilhead,
I have had all of the same thoughts about whether he was robbed by people he knows. I will never know for sure. I do know that where they lived, it was NO surprise that they had been robbed, it was only a matter of time. In fact the week after they left someone was murdered on the grounds. The apartments have security at the gates and it takes an act of GOD to get in the wretched place, so I think it was most likely an inside job.
They did call the police and the police did come out to file a report. I'm sure the police roll their eyes each time they are called out to these apartments. You call to get a pizza delivered and they will tell you they do not deliver to that apartment complex because it is unsafe.

The management company of this Apartment Compound would not allow them to just walk away and break their lease. The management insisted that the lease said point blank they were not responsible. Of course I would disagree but again their choice to live in the hood.
I know, I know my son's stuff should be the least of my worries!
Anvilhead I understand what you are saying...
Many days I just think my son doesn't even have the sense to come out of the rain. The years of drinking and drugging I think it has hampered his decision making! He lacks COMMON SENSE, his judgement is so squed !!!

I really appreciate everyone's advice. Sometimes I just need a bit of encouragement and a push to keep on keeping on.
So tell me, am I getting miss information about addiction, especially certain drugs.
I'm trying hard to understand if rehabs have such a low percentage of people getting clean and "maintaining" soberiety what is one to do? I also hear that A/A doesn't have a very high percentage rate. I have also heard that many addicts just outgrow their addiction???? Don't get me wrong I am just trying to find out what is fact and what is fiction, there is so much on the internet. I just keep holding onto HOPE!