View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Windmills

Sweetheart your posts have made me cry. I want you to know that there IS a better way to live. I moved myself and my daughter to the other side of the city, changed my number, my mum moved and he hasn't found us. 17-18 miles between us. I found a program, Families Anonymous, and I found a Domestic Violence Project. I found hope where there was never any hope before. I found incredible strength I didn't know I owned. I decided I wanted to live, really live. I wanted to laugh and smile and enjoy my life, because I only get one go round. I decided I didn't want to just do whatever I had to do to survive the day, I wanted more. I wanted safety and happiness and a world where things didn't turn upside down in a matter of seconds with THAT look he gave me that told me exactly what was coming my way. Living without fear is incredible. I'm not saying its been easy, it's been incredibly difficult. There have been days I have struggled to carry on. But it's worth it because I'm still alive. I used to pray he would overdose or something. Then I started praying I wouldn't wake up in the morning. And then I started to wonder if I could kill him without being caught. That's when I knew it was time to go. I spent almost the entire final 6 months of our 'relationship' in silence because I was so fearful of the consequences of accidentally saying the wrong thing. It's going to be a long process rebuilding myself and making a life that doesn't include him, but I can do it. So can you. I believe in you.