View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trilogy

Blindsided yesterday

My AH blindsided me yesterday- he finally followed through with something he has been "threatening" to do for years- he moved out. I was blindsided because I am so used to him NOT doing what he says he is going to do. I have very mixed feelings about this- I am scared because I feel vulnerable financially; he never followed through cooperating to get the separation agreement we had discussed getting. I feel as though our finances should have been separated before he moved out but, of course, his immaturity will not allow him to be patient. He basically made a barter deal with a woman- a place to stay for working for her 12 hrs a week. I guess if he wants to be another woman's b**** instead of my husband, that's his choice to make. Why am I STILL continually shocked by his behavior? I suppose my next step should be to get my own lawyer. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that- I hate the idea of dealing with anything legal, and was hoping we could cooperate with a separation agreement. Guess it's going to end up costing much more than it has to. I feel I have no choice- I really don't trust him. Does this sound like logical thinking? I am questioning my own judgement right now because I am reeling with anger and anxiety. I don't even know how to begin shopping for a lawyer. Can I change the locks, or is he free to come and go as he pleases? The house is in both of our names. I didn't want him to move out before we had a separation agreement in place, but now that he's gone I don't want him coming back. On the up side, I am already starting to feel a measure of peace and relief that he is gone.