View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ee1979

Originally Posted by Doogie19 View Post
My plan includes exercise, helping my fiancé with planning for the baby, and getting support from friends and family, especially of I have a craving. I quit for 5 months a few years ago, and then my fiancé (girlfriend at the time) an I went through a rough patch so I started hitting the bars again. I am just going to stay positive and tell myself it's not worth it. I'd much rather have an ice cold water and feel good, than an ice cold beer that leads to a twelve pack, then hangover and disappointment.
Hi Doogie,

Fair enough to you for recognising that you have a problem, and seeking out support. This website is a really top resource for support and advice, which I plan to come to daily for motivating myself to stay sober.

I know where you are at with the binge drinking, I also mostly get wasted on beer. 1 or 2 always leads to 15 or 20 then black outs, shame and self-loathing. My wife is also expecting (due in 5 months), so I have also decided to sort my shite out and stop. Im only at day 2 now, but coming on here and seeing all the support and people giving strength to one another is an inspiration to get sober and be there for my little one when he/she arrives, and of course my wife.

Welcome and good luck...