View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doogie19

I didn't think I need help, but I do.

I rarely drank when I was in my teens and early 20's. When I turned 21 I would go out and have the occasional fun night with friends and that was about it. Then around 22/23 I found myself buying beer more and more often. I have gained 40 pounds in 4 years. I don't want to do anything anymore, and I fin myself using beer as a way to escape my anxiety and back pain. I have drank ever night for the last 2 weeks. I usually drink at least 8-12 beers a night 3-5 times a week. I have recently discovered I am goin to be a father, and I decided its time to grow up and deal with my fears and pain. I keep using drinking as a way to "relax and unwind" but I find it only works for a few hours. Then I have to deal with the hangover, anxiety, and worry the next day. It's just not worth it anymore. My blood pressure is getting higher, my cholesterol is high, and I just plain feel unhealthy. I'm only 26. I joined these forums hoping to find support and lend mine to others. I have more important things to focus on rather than when I'm going to crack open that next beer...