View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Really4Real
ANewBeginning

lwb... I wouldn't mad at it and watched every last drop of it go down the drain.... then rinsed it out really, really good and probably have kept it for a souvenir.... or something like that Nice stepping into your authority to say No, isn't it?

TiG.... Yeah, you know what? I start drinking, I stop running and readying , I start laying on the couch watching tv all day. No wonder I don't feel worth a dime when I'm like that. I didn't want to run yesterday morning, but afterwards, I'm so glad I did.

Sarah... now I KNOW you wouldn't go out and get that poison without first trying to get ahold of me, right?? A deal is a deal. That goes for me too....

If alcohol is taking center stage the...... :camper: just sayin....

For me I have to constantly allow God has to stay center stage - because when I or the AV starts pushing in - He'll move and let have that place again. I've learned my lesson this time... He stays center stage. It's not all about me - it's about Him and how I can help others like me find peace and joy from addiction and abuse.

Yeah, Nessa, the fatique is part of it... my energy just start coming back this week and I'm on day 17. Proud of you though for not going and not putting yourself to the test this soon.

jhe..... 3 weeks - WOOT WOOT!!!!! I haven't had drinking dreams, but I did dream a couple nights ago the a friend has some really good pot-like stuff and I was drooling from the mouth wanting her to roll one for us - or get a pipe out. In the meantime I smoke a cigarette and immediately after thought. My reasoning was if I'm going to smoke pot (which I haven't in at least 20 years), then I might as well smoke a cigarette (which I quit 5 1/4 years ago)!!! Then I felt real remorse for smoking that cigarette. Bad dream.

It's the remorse I think that keeps us there. The shame we load on ourselves. It keeps us underfoot and holds us there until we get the smallest flicker of determiniation within us to start to rise up and topple the monster.

MyT... it's the little things also that make us happy. Like watching the sun come up in the morning or setting at dawn. Like being able to read a good book and actually remember what we read.... Like not having to try to remember what stupid thing we did last night.... Like looking forward to conquering a day in the way that we are suipposed to without alcohol poisoning and ruining the moment. Like getting through activities that we never thought we could do without alcohol... and we're doing them!!! We don't need it

Sentso..... Exactly! He has it spot on, doesn't he? That's what we're all about now.

IMT.... I quit for two years once and 8 months another time... I don't look back to those. Today is today... a new day... the first day of the rest of my life. All of those times I tried before - they're gone, but I have 17 days of sobriety as of today that I am dang proud of

Flac.... banish the beer --- I would rationalize that well, I'm ONLY drinking beer instead of firewater or pina colada rum or whatever.... it's not any better.... I just drank more and put on a ton of weight doing it!!! Not worth the withdrawals again or trying to lose the tonnage.

Have a Sunny Sober Sunday (it can be sunny inside if not out).... Blessings, my friends.