Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hypatia

Originally Posted by NWHusband View Post
Hello, I just joined the forum today after I was really hoping that I could chat with some other people who had experienced this process or were experiencing now, hoping it will help me make sense of some of this.
You're a few steps ahead of me so I can't really say much at this point. Neither of us have any experience with rehab. My AH is at the stage where he is starting to accept the idea of going to a clinic for a while to get in-patient rehab, but isn't far enough to actually go. He's gotten the forms and read them over, but they are still totally blank. The last two days, I've watched him pick up the forms and a pen, then lay them down again and go out and buy another bottle. He hasn't asked me to fill them out for him, and I won't since I see it as an important step which he needs to take on his own.

I'll be reading your posts and all replies with interest since I'm likely to be facing many of the same issues which you are currently dealing with. The only thing which might make my situation somewhat easier is that rather than two children, we have two dogs. Their "expectations" are therefore quite a bit easier for me to meet.

FWIW, I think you should take this opportunity to relax a bit and focus on yourself and your children. Somewhere I read that having a spouse in rehab can leave you guessing whether the storm is really over, or whether you've simply entered into the eye of the hurricane. Regardless, right now is a chance to rest up and regain strength for the next phase of coming home.