View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NCBlue

A Day Without Tequila

Just woke up...it's 9:45 am on the east coast. Didn't touch a drop of alcohol yesterday. Helps that we did not have it in the house. I did think about my friend Tequila many times in my head, and tried to justify drinking IF my husband brought it home.

Had to drive to a nearby city yesterday evening to pick up my son from a retreat he was on with his youth group from church and also I had choir practice. I wanted to drink so badly by the time I got home. Normally between 6pm and 10pm is drinking time for me.

Upon arriving home I found there was no tequila on the bar. So... there it was, we did not drink last night...AND the liquor store was open. Unfortunately I did have a headache last night...not sure if it was stress related or maybe my blood pressure was up.

Did not have much issue falling asleep, since I did not have anything to drink I could take a muscle relaxer prescribed to me for my back pain. I slept very well. Normally, even though I drink quite a bit, I find that I wake up at five am and I am not able to go back to sleep easily. This morning I had no problem sleeping.

I'm through a day without drinking, which I have done before. It is hard for me to go longer than this. I know this afternoon, evening will be very difficult. Most likely I will think about and try to justify having a drink all day and into the evening.

Feeling good about yesterday, but need to muster up all I have for today.