Old 07-18-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Alucard

Everyone has their own threshhold of tolerance. I had one that lasted 4 weeks. I felt then and do now "duped" about the severity of the alcoholism that my soon to be ex AW was dealing with. "I like my beers" was her answer to her chemical dependency issues. But had she told me the truth, "look, the truth is that I need to drink daily to prevent tremors and I cannot stop or I'll get sick, and I need at least an 8 pack a day to just function, and I cannot tolerate solid food, because of my ulcers brought on by the drinking and I still crave vodka, ect, ect ect, there is NO WAY I'd have asked her to marry me. I would have offered to go to the ER with her and hold her hand as she detoxed but she had/has ZERO interest in that. That being that, I'll never be with an alcoholic again, if I see the signs, I'll RUN. If a person decides to stay with their ASignifigant other for whatever reasons, that is a personal choice, I can only speak for myself when I say NO F'n WAY. That is why my meeting with my attorney is tomarrow at 9am.