View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
KnowHope
Recoveringed

That's awesome Chris. You are sharing an amazing attitude, and I cannot say enough how much I would love to see you keep shining! Bless you for what you've helped to do for your dad, your family and your own life. I'm an alcoholic/addict too, and I've also been significantly affected by the alcoholism and addiction in some of the people closest to me. I should also say thank you for having the courage and the humility to share these things on the show. The first time I saw intervention was the first time I was given any reality check about alcoholism and addiction. I watched every episode I could find, still using the whole time. It took some more years for me to finally stop, but that show absolutely planted some important seeds in me. When I got clean/sober, I kept watching the shows over and over. They have really touched my heart and had a positive impact on my life. I've been clean/sober for some years now, and I am so very grateful for this entire journey. I wouldn't want to miss it for anything in the world. I'm rooting for you and sending all my best wishes as you continue to grow. Keep up the great work!