Old 07-15-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

You're in Europe obsessing about an alcoholic who is doing what he needs to do to take care of himself. Are you able to spend time sightseeing and enjoying yourself while doing it? It is a shame and breaks my heart that you are over there and there is so much to see and do yet you are unable to enjoy your one precious life in the present moment, because of this ******* disease. Can you see and accept that what happens with him is completely out of your control? That you do not need to make any decisions about your relationship with him right now? That just because a person goes to detox that does not mean anything? That the best thing for anyone in his situation is to be left alone to work on himself? That you are a beautiful, intelligent, loved woman who is going after life and self-betterment and the future full-force and that this person is just bringing you down, distracting you from yourself, sucking your energy, focus, and life out of you? God, what I would not give to be in Europe or working on my PhD right now. Life has given you this opportunity to do something amazing, something incredible, and your association with this life-sucker is ruining it for you.