Old 07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
holdingontight

Originally Posted by HopefulGF65 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear, that must be heartwrenching to say the least and above all, such a helpless feeling.

But if there's one thing I learned here, no matter the situation of our addicted loved ones, there is nothing WE can do for THEM but let them be as incredibly hard as that is. At least know that he is safe while in the hospital where he will get the proper care he needs. And what you can do is take care of yourself right now. Are you with a friend or family member? Wherever you are, hold yourself tight, be thankful there's help, pray if you do, and try to get a peaceful night's sleep.

(((hugs)))
Thank You, I'm just having a hard time with all of this and this is the only place I feel like I can Vent or find answers. Everyone exspects me to be his baby sitter and make sure he's okay and in a way I feel like a failure because it's gone so far. I know I cant control this but the old feelings still creep in. I need to go back to my Alanon groups again as well, this last week though I had a feeling of maybe I could keep a friendship with him, like mothers get to do with their alcoholic children. I still believe I will in the long run but this also leads me to unhappy days like today when he ends up in a hospital.