View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
amy55

Just wanted to say, "good for you". I never did a plank floor, but when I left my ex, friends of mine had just bought a new home. They still had the other house and they stayed there for the week, and just came up for the weekends then. I wanted a way to repay them for all of their help, but they wouldn't take money from me.

So I decided to fix and paint their house for them. I did many things there that I never in my life did. I went in with the attitude of, don't tell me that I can't do this. I've heard enough of that from the ex. So even though there were many things that I never did before, I researched it, and I did it, and everything came out great.

I still get intimidated when starting a new project, but hey, if I think I can do it, then I can, and no one will tell me that I can't, and if I mess it up, I can fix it.

Good Luck and will be thinking of you and your project. You're an inspiration to me. Now I need to get off my a$$, and start doing things that I've put off. Thanks for the nudge.