View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mckmad

Question Confused! Please help.

Hi... I am new to this group, but not to the alcoholic. I grew up in an alcoholic home and low and behold if I haven't been married to one for 18 yrs. I moved out in December of 2010 into my own home and have one child (special needs) to whom is still at home with me. He is now in rehab and all three kids and I went to go to a family visit yesterday, now this went well and he seems happy, he even said he wanted to stay longer then the 40 days of treatment. Now my confusion is I as the wife am scheduled to go in there next week and tell him how I feel. My thoughts are.... You are in here to work on you... Not our marriage, our marriage hasn't been an importance to you in the last 3 yrs so why now? If I go in there and let off on him, is that going to set him back? Aren't I supposed to be the good wife and sit there and shut up? Move back home when treatment is compleat to make my family whole again? We all know what we give up as parents in order for our children to be happy. My daughter who is the only child at home will never move out. And until right before treatment, ( when I totally lost it) he had never drank around our daughter. As a alcoholic child. Alchol has never been allowed in my home. ( but I don't live there now) and he started getting drunk in her presence .