View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

OT - ES&H needed!

Hi SR friends,
I am taking time off this week and tackling a much needed house project - new flooring. I need some experience, strength & hope. Experience from anyone who has done this before....strength for my own intimidation of doing this for the first time...and hope that I get it right and don't have to call a contractor to fix a mess!

I am installing vinyl planks in the dining room and master bath. Never done anything like this before, but it says on the box "EASIEST FLOOR EVER" so I thought...hhhmmm...ok if it says it right on the box, let's give it a try! I did some research and found a few videos on YouTube; it looks simple enough. Ok then - I can do this. So I pulled up the old carpeting (YUCKY), cleaned and sealed the subfloor - that was interesting - bleach/water and vinegar/water removes stains and smells! - and am ready today to begin the installation process. So I am freaking out a little...and procrastinating!

On one hand it is so empowering to tackle new things. On the other hand, I am fretting!

If this works - in a couple days I can post before and after photos. If you don't ever hear form me again on this thread - know it was an epic fail. But hey - at least I am giving it a try. Who knows, I may become a pro at this and find a new occupation! Well, probably not because it hurts my knees and back a little but hey - in a recession it helps to have a varied skill set, right?!

Happy 4th to all!
~T