Old 07-03-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GiGi13

2 Weeks today!!!!..and a bit about independence day

Two weeks ago today was the last day i took a drink around 8am in the morning... after i vomited it back up on myself... that was when i said..ENOUGH... I haven't looked back since...

In such a small amount of time....i have already lost that bloated look... dropped a few pounds.. feel strong and healthy..my appetite is better.. my skin looks soooo much better... eyes are brighter...and my strength and resolve is growing stronger each day..

every morning i wake up and say a little prayer to God thanking him for the strength and love and support and for allowing me to wake up, and I ask him to help me find more strength withing to get through another day sober..

every night before i go to bed..i pray to God and thank him for the strength he gave and helped me find to go through another day sober...

Im still fairly new here but i feel 2 weeks is a huge accomplishment for me!! I cant wait until the 1 month mark!!! For those new here, who are on day 1 or day 2 or day whatever... hang in there..i promise the first few days are the hardest but you CAN do this... Its wonderful when you have friends, family and this wonderous SR family to have faith in YOU.... but always remember..you need to have faith in YOURSELF!!!! Love yourself enough to care for yourself and not let the drink control you...

would you allow someone to control your body movements? take your hand and ball it into a fist and then force it to punch someone else in the face? ask yourself, would you allow another person to have such control over your own being? Think of alcohol in the same way...you lose your own independence...

In the spirit of Independence day coming tomorrow..lets all be grateful and thankful for taking back our OWN independence and celebrate tomorrow, rather then mourn the day because we cant drink...

Let tomorrow be a new Holiday for those of us strong enough to be in recovery... Let all of us celebrate our OWN INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!

Stay strong...STAY SOBER... Keep the Faith.... and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE!!!! :ghug3