Notices

2 Weeks today!!!!..and a bit about independence day

Old 07-03-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 Weeks today!!!!..and a bit about independence day

Two weeks ago today was the last day i took a drink around 8am in the morning... after i vomited it back up on myself... that was when i said..ENOUGH... I haven't looked back since...

In such a small amount of time....i have already lost that bloated look... dropped a few pounds.. feel strong and healthy..my appetite is better.. my skin looks soooo much better... eyes are brighter...and my strength and resolve is growing stronger each day..

every morning i wake up and say a little prayer to God thanking him for the strength and love and support and for allowing me to wake up, and I ask him to help me find more strength withing to get through another day sober..

every night before i go to bed..i pray to God and thank him for the strength he gave and helped me find to go through another day sober...

Im still fairly new here but i feel 2 weeks is a huge accomplishment for me!! I cant wait until the 1 month mark!!! For those new here, who are on day 1 or day 2 or day whatever... hang in there..i promise the first few days are the hardest but you CAN do this... Its wonderful when you have friends, family and this wonderous SR family to have faith in YOU.... but always remember..you need to have faith in YOURSELF!!!! Love yourself enough to care for yourself and not let the drink control you...

would you allow someone to control your body movements? take your hand and ball it into a fist and then force it to punch someone else in the face? ask yourself, would you allow another person to have such control over your own being? Think of alcohol in the same way...you lose your own independence...

In the spirit of Independence day coming tomorrow..lets all be grateful and thankful for taking back our OWN independence and celebrate tomorrow, rather then mourn the day because we cant drink...

Let tomorrow be a new Holiday for those of us strong enough to be in recovery... Let all of us celebrate our OWN INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!

Stay strong...STAY SOBER... Keep the Faith.... and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE!!!! :ghug3
Old 07-03-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats! It's inspiring to read your post first thing this morning as today is one week for me. great job!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Congratulations on 2 weeks! This is awesome!!

Keep moving forward!!

Hugs,
Old 07-03-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both!!! hugs ya! and Steve...congrats on week 1 !!! Isn't it amazing how different you feel today vs. a week ago???
Old 07-03-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes it really is, it's liberating knowing that I won't wake up feeling like crap and go through the cycle of drunkeness, guilt, remorse, and the lies to myself about how it's no big deal and then doing it all over again.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go on 2 weeks. I know that I felt a great sense of accoomplishment at 2 weeks. I hit three weeks tomorrow (Independence Day)!!

Keep up the good work!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hey cleareyes grats on 3 weeks tomorrow! now THAT is something to celebrate!!! and thank you again everyone for the lovely comments... I truly love this SR family!!! bless you all!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats on 2 weeks! Keep it up, it just keeps gettin' better and better
Old 07-03-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering

Well done GiGi!

It's nice to hear of you thanking God.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your 2 weeks Gigi!

D
Old 07-03-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=GiGi13;3471771]
In such a small amount of time....i have already lost that bloated look... dropped a few pounds.. feel strong and healthy..my appetite is better.. my skin looks soooo much better... eyes are brighter...and my strength and resolve is growing stronger each day..

Congrats on 2 weeks GiGi! I am on day 24, and during the third week I saw even more positive changes in addition, and you will too! It just keeps getting better and better! Keep up the great work!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

woohooooo GiGi!!!! you are doing so amazing!!! So proud of you girl!!!