Old 07-02-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NYCDoglvr

Does he realize it's truly over this time? Is he sad? Is he mad at himself? Does he realize his drinking did this? Does he remember all the horrible things he said to me and the cruel way he acted toward me? Does he remember drop-kicking my suitcase out the door as I was leaving? Is he ashamed? Does his foot hurt? (Sorry, couldn't help that one!)

Did he tell his family/friends? Did he tell them the truth? How did he explain my absence this weekend when I wasn't at a dinner party/bridal shower?

Does he miss me? Is he surprised I haven't caved? Is he shocked/humbled I moved without any help from him and that maybe I don't need him as much as he thinks he did? Is he checking his phone to see if I responded? Is he wrestling with wanting to contact me? Is he going to try again to reach out to me or is he done?
You may have moved but you're letting him live rent free in your mind. Those questions are irrelevant now, the only thing that matters is how are YOU doing. I strongly suggest Ala-non, which helps us make the right choices and fix our own issues (like obsessing about someone who treated us terribly. I can tell you this, however: the great love of his life, his God, higher power is alcohol. He's thinking about booze in the same way he didn't stop drinking when it was destroying his relationship.