Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
jessiec

Sungrl, I'm so sorry you are going through this too. It does help knowing we are not as alone, as unfortunate these situations are.

As many questions as I have now, I think somehow they must be healthier than the questions I was finding myself ask everyday and would be as long as we were together:

Will there be beer on his breath when I see him? How many has he had? Has he been driving drunk? Is he really just going out for a cigarette or something else too? When he calls, is he going to be drunk? Will the plans we made tonight happen or will he be too hammered? Will he get into a fight with his alcoholic father and enabler mom when we go over there? Will he pick a fight with me so I'll leave him to drink more? Will he have that glazed look in his eye and slur in his voice? Is it going to have a temper tantrum because he drank too much or did t get to drink enough? Is it ever really "two beers" Is he sneaking again? Could he be drinking at work too? How come I haven't heard from him yet today -- did he crash his car or end up in jail or oversleep again? Is he going to embarrass me when we are out?

Sigh!