Old 06-30-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Hollyanne View Post
AA did not put anyone in the psych ward. Untreated mental illness puts one in the psych ward.
True, AA dose not cause mental illness as far as I know. My past experience with God talk in the steps, BB, meetings, people and whatnot has stirred-up the part of my brain where I hear God! That is, my reaction to all that exposure to God stuff, coupled with my mental illness, starts a reaction (prompt symptoms) inside my noggin that can make me to get batty in the belfry. That once dormant and managed with medication part of me emerges again and that can suck.

I know people will just not get it, that's life. Hearing voices that I know are not there yet can hear them as plain as day...that stuff is not AA meeting topic material. Having those once managed voices and accompanying wacky thoughts that can go with them...triggered by God talk dose not make for good step work.

Maybe I have stirred-up some understanding by my POV and the trouble that I have had and hope not to have again anytime soon with mental illness symptoms and God jazz. Or maybe not. Hey similes lighten-up heavy online discussion, so I'll max out on them.