View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Marine28

Hi - i am still here! Just busy with work. Not travelling still is busy in the office and I am beginning to think even busier than when on the road.
Sorry about the friend Vantrina. But your hubby is right. Not worth it. I know how you feel as I have lost a lot of my married friends since my husband died. It's hard. Last week I met three "girlfriends" who are part of couples that my husband and I were so close to, we all went on vacation together many, many times! I only see them two times a year now. I had not told them about my leg so it wasn't till they saw me walking in on crutches that they knew. They were concerned, listened to me tell the tales of crawling around the house on my butt, etc but I have not heard a word from any of them since. Oh well. I don't let it get to me any more. I just keep trying to make new friends.
I got the leg cast off and am wearing the foot cast and am allowed to just wear my sandals as long as I don't feel pain in my toes. That is the part the doc is concerned about...more than the leg. Weird I have a broken leg and it is not in a cast. Modern medicine I guess.
iP congrats on the 8 months!
Tres- have fun with the dogs! Wish I had a pet but my usual schedulebwontwork with a pet.
Bimm- how you liking the new kitchen?
Heat wave here so I am staying in for rest of the weekend.
Bye for now.