Old 06-30-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
FindingErica

Originally Posted by PrayingMama View Post
I hope you have people around you to lean on and help you (we like to refer to them as "God with skin on").

As far as feeling unworthy to attend church--um, it's filled with broken sinners. is.
Yes, my younger brother lives with us, and was going to leave because my husband is so hard on him but is staying to help with the kids. My parent-in-laws came up to give support. They went through all his addiction stuff when he was a teen. So they are supportive of me doing what needs to be done to protect the kids. And they are helping me get the house ready for the move.

As for church maybe I will find a new one without history. I felt as a youth leader that I was being duplicitous helping kids then going home to a spouse who was using, even though I didn't know a lot about the stuff he was doing. He went to the pastor for counsel and said we should both go. I asked if he brought up the K2 and he got mad. So what would we go talk about if I can't get to some root issues. He just wanted someone else to whine to and to get me in line.