View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Amy2011

Recovery is hard work, but worth it. I love waking up without a hangover and remembering what I did the night before. I like not being filled with guilt, shame, embarrassement, and remorse. I didn't think I had the strength to quit either. I borrowed the strength from other AA members and my higher power in the beginning. I went to lots of meetings because I didn't have the strength to quit on my own. I told my husband, children, a few close friends, and a couple family members I had a problem and needed their support and understanding. AA and my family gave me the strength and courage I lacked to be sober just for the day. I didn't worry about tomorrow because getting through the current day was hard enough. So many wonderful things have happened since I gave up drinking and some not so great things too; however, I know I can handle the bad so much better sober. I was intent on faking it until I made it. Now a year later I feel solid in my recovery because I have the strength of AA, faith, and the understanding of my friends and family supporting me.