View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
lonelystar

hi there its itsthepop,

Firstly sorry to hear about your daughter and the pain you and your family are going throught. Ill tell you a story about my son, hes 21 now an opiate addict, he smokes it. At the age of 18 he graduated hs with college credits never touched a drug never drank, at 181/2, he was drinking and smoking pot, at 19 he was partying hard using all sorts of drugs, got into all sorts of trouble through this early stage I tried just about everything, therapy , doctors talking to him i clearly saw where he was headed, I still hear his words "dont worry mom, i know what drugs can do, i know they can ruin lives, i know what im doing"....now , you stated your daughter didnt go through the experimental phase if you will, honestly none of that matters, what matters is where they are at now, my AS is in a 30 day rehab we live in NY but he went away because of insurance , outside of ny you get better coverage at least for my insurance , this is his 2 time, im going to give you this advice, everything your daughter says might be true , yes she might not be as bad as others, yes she wants to get clean , all of it is yes, but and remember this , none of that will matter, she will do and say anything to get that high , its stronger than her , than you , than anybody . That said, its is good that she wants to get clean what method you choose I think is up to you personally, and like everyone else has stated, detoxing is the minor issue here, its staying clean thats a ***, my son even detoxed at home at one point, all i can offer is there is no quick fix, no magic pill, you are learning as we all have the hard way just what addiction really means, wish you the best of luck