View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
tjp613

Originally Posted by itsthepop View Post
I am at a loss completely. She does not seem willing to do anything for treatment, but she wants what her friend did and says it worked. According to that girls parents it did work so far, and their daughter is clean, didn’t miss any school, sees a therapist .

Is it possible that some of your experiences are extreme and they are not the norm? No offense to anyone. I do appreciate your help so very much, but there are many decisions to make and not much time on our part. Still the ROD is scheduled for Monday.
Actually, it's quite the opposite... your 'daughter's friend' is the exception to the rule and our experiences are the 'norm'. It's almost impossible to research recovery rates, but I think it is generally accepted that 10-15% are still clean a year after treatment....and that is probably a generous figure. [SR Family - correct me if I'm wrong!]

One thing I would like to ask you, please!.... Let us know how this detox works. If it's successful with your daughter then we certainly want to know about it and would appreciate your sharing your experience with us over the next 6 months or longer.