Old 06-28-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
FindingErica

Yes you are all right. He wants me to believe he has been clean and clear for 3 weeks. He claims to be happier than he has ever been now that he is in NA and says I am missing out on how good things will be. He uses the "I've supported you for 18 years and noW that I have hit a bump in the road because of a disease, you abandon me line. He throws promises at me that were made years ago. Forgets his promise that though he had struggled with drugs before we met, he would never do them again. And for 16 years he kept that promise, and he always worked and took care of his family. Even with the past two of using, he still worked.

I think in reality this whole thing has happened so fast, it's really only been 6 weeks from when I found out how bad his addiction had gotten and I have had to turn the ship mid course. We were in the middle of a cross country move and a house sale. Everything has gone wrong and I have been scrambling to right things. The one person who has been there for me to turn to is now gone. I know I have to be strong, he just started out sounding like his old reliable self, then after I did what he wanted it he started laying into me and trying to get back control.

I hate this part I myself that is unsure and living in doubt.