View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MetalChick
I looked like that holdin beer

Update- quitting for a month :)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give an update on my situation. I posted before that I was quitting drinking for a month. I am on around 2.5 weeks and doing well. I think it was Sapling that suggested I go 90 days, and I am going to do that. I agree that 30 days is not enough to get me out of the “partying” lifestyle. I never drank alone and drinking was my fun thing to do. I am realizing that I am a fun person, and I do not need to be sh*t faced to have fun. Plus I was not fun anymore when I drank. The hangovers sucked, I acted crazy, drinking made me paranoid and anxious and caused me to feel horrible about myself because the things I would say and do while drunk- Plus no more rotating convenience stores, so they can’t see how much beer I was buying- and being afraid of what I will do next. It is a terrible thing not to trust yourself.

Anyhow,
One thing that has helped me a lot is not being around people that drink, and I am fortunate that my BF doesn’t. Well, he does smoke weed, but I don’t have an issue with that; I can take it or leave it. I decided it would be best at this point to have a clear head and not get high though.
In addition, one of my close friends was hospitalized in detox and is now 10 days sober. His doctor told him he would die if he didn’t stop. He told me he hasn’t felt this hopeful in ages. I am so happy for him. A few weeks ago he thought he could never go a day without drinking, and that he would just die. Yesterday we talked on the phone, and he said that miracles are happening in his life. I am so happy for him, and for myself.

I know there are tough times to come, but I am going in the right direction.

Thanks for your support and suggestions