View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Elphie

Just noticed that you too are in MA, me too....hi!

not my first go-round with addicts, i was one. 20 years ago, i was addicted to cocaine, looked at myself one day and my toddlers...and quit, cold turkey, and never used again....her father was an addict, criminal, violent abuser and I got him OUT of my kids lives when they were very little. From what i know he is still a mess.

Then as luck would have it many years later, unknowingly married someone who i believe had BPD, i learned alot about the illness and myself through a message board much like this one. I became a leader and staff member there and hopefully helped a few people deal with some difficult stuff being involved with someone with mental illness.

Therapist - no substance abuse not his expertise, relationships, CBT, family therapy...not sure he has a real grasp on the extreme of her addiction and manipulation...she goes to him calm, cries for help, and although he may see she is hurting, he is not seeing the insane behavior i am at home.

Her bf told me in confidence that she is still suggesting that they do "just one more pill", and that he is being firm that she can't...the fact she is bringing it up just makes me think i am right.

she says she will do drug tests, supposed to do one today with a family friend...if there is no opiates in her system, I'm sure she will expect us all to believe her and forget about it...i mean she's "clean" right? But, what about the next time, without treatment...almost impossible. I did it, but, she is NOT me...my situation was probably one in a million.