View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bluebonnet1

Went to my first Al Anon meeting tonight

After my first failed attempt (drove out to find nobody there), I found a very active group near my home tonight. Probably 20 people, and about 5 of us newcomers. It was overwhelming, and honestly a little unsettling to hear such similarities To my own experience. I cried during what little I shared, and completely broke down afterwArds when the woman next to me gave me a hug. Tears of relief, I think, to know I'm not alone. Of course I knew I wasn't, but didn't know how powerful a face to face meeting would be.

I also got a call back and will be meeting with a Stephen minister from the church tomorrow night. I can't make it through this alone. Not that that I haven't prayed every day (every hour!), but it's nice that the church offers prayer partners that are trained in these types of struggles. I'm so glad to have these resources in my life.

ABF calls every day begging to come home. He has his chemical dependency counseling in the morning and is attending Celebrate Recovery on Wednesday. I hope for his sake and his daughter's that he can see this through, but I keep telling him it's not up to me anymore. I can't legally keep him from his things, but I have an appt with my attorney friend on Monday to find out how to legally "evict" him. Just praying for strength for us both every day and taking it one day at a time.