View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
serious

living with anxiety is very hard, i know because i've had the same condition for years. not sure where it came from, but it is truly horrible.
thus began the cycle of anxiety->alcohol->more anxiety->more alcohol ... and on and on.
years ago when i went on medication to help anxiety, my first "research" was interaction of meds + alcohol, because i could not imagine my life without drinking at that time.

after a few months of sobriety my anxiety seemed to almost cure itself... it was still there lurking, but nowhere near as bad as while i was drinking.

i truly wish that you can break this cycle, because nobody deserves this kind of suffering. the only way to beat this "thing" is to stay sober. seems so simple, but i know that reality is very different.

stay strong. we all CAN do it. joining SR is one of the greatest things i've done in my life, because it helped me to recognize my problems and realize that i am not alone.
try to find a different doctor, there is help out there and here do not be afraid to ask for it.