View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

I have no intention of arguing with you on this forum, so this will be my last post in this thread.

I grew up with an alcoholic father who left me and my mother when I was 9 years old. My mother had never worked and didn't even have a driver's license. Suffice it to say that my mother grew up, got a job, rode the bus to work until she could get a driver's license and buy a cheap car and went on to do very well for herself.

As far as how much sober time I have, as of the 6th of this month, I have 4 years sobriety. Was it easy? Hell no! Did I ever relapse, hell yes. Once. Did I ever have things in my life that made me want to drink myself into oblivion? Hell yes! A daughter who developed an eating disorder and attempted suicide every couple of months! Did I think I was going to go freaking crazy? Hell, yes! Did I drink over it? Hell no!

Life happens. Sh*tty life happens. Alcohol is NOT the answer. If you want sobriety, you are going to have to work hard for it and that means NOT numbing your feelings. Again, I hope you learn that fact one day. Good luck to you.