Thread: Family issues
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ladybug77

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and kind words.

No, my sobriety is not at risk here. It is mine, and nobody is going to take that away from me. Once I posted what I had to say, I felt lighter somehow. I put the baggage out there and set it free.

I haven't spoken with my daughter, but I have been in contact with people who have. She left me a voice mail late last night and told me she is okay and that she just needs to be where she is right now.

The ones I have heard from have told me several different things, one says that she isn't strung out just depressed, another says she is crashing from a binge, yet another says she is totally out of her mind but none of them say where she is staying. From the tone of her voice mail and years of experience with her I think they are all correct. She isn't strung out (now) and is severly depressed because she is crashing. I do worry about the out of her mind thing as I received a test with a picture of a severe head wound she suffered the day after I last saw her. So please send your thoughts and prayers that she reaches out for the help she so desparately needs.

As for the dad visit, they are 40 miles away right now but they did leave the stepmom at home. Will let you know how it goes. Thank you all so much again. I haven't felt this connected or accepted in a long time, all of you mean a good deal to me.