View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
Yes, thanks for the clarification. In the letter I did tell him that I felt I was compromising my values but it came out wrong when I typed up my quick response here. And, yes, that is what bothers me and why I am so freakin' stuck in making a decision? I don't know if it's fear that's paralyzing me, I don't know if it's hope for a better tomorrow because surely he'll figure it out himself soon, right? Maybe it's just sheer stupidity on my part? I don't know, all I know is that I am so tied to this guy emotionally and financially that I can't see my hand in front of my face. And, that's me just being plain old honest with myself as much as it sucks.
You're not stupid nor are you crazy. (At least not any crazier than the rest of us, lol.) You will figure it out. It will help if you put down the magnifying glass a pick up the mirror.

Have you asked your therapist to help you figure out why you are stuck? I only ask because it seems that you have been working in therapy toward "making your marriage work" rather than "making yourself happy." Maybe it's time to change the focus.

L