View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Buffalo66

I am well aware that I am dealing with more than your average dry drunk, or A, meaning he has some mental issues...and I guess alcoholism is a mental issue, too, but

Ususally when my RAH whether he was drunk or now, when sober is acting really normal, it means that something is up...he is either doing something he shouldnt be, or he has a messy disorganized storm brewing.

I am kind of starting to feel like he gets excited and happy too when he has 'normal' times, and that HE also has trauma and fears about that other shoe dropping, and sometimes it seems like these normal times foreshadow a bad spell.

Just something I have been taking note of for my own sanity.
For his part, his new thing is to use all the healthy Alanon language and psych speak from the books I have been reading on personality disorders. (I swear he has caught on that I am reading up on it, so he searched it and he is switching it onto me.)

When I would get frustrated, in a conversation about our son, or plans,he would throw out things like, "Well, I am sorry that you see things that way. Your anger will not help. I will just continue working toward health and balance for myself and our son."

You can be sure it wont last long. Not until he addresses the root issues, because he CANNOT MAINTAIN the normalcy. At least not now, or yet.