View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Anon12

Al Anon or Coda?

Is Al Anon still applicable to me if I'm no longer in a relationship wtih my ABF? My counsellor suggested I check out a Coda meeting (I must be seriously hardcore codie) for when I'm feeling low and need to talk etc. aside from counselling. I can't find a Coda meeting near me and wasn't sure which would be more appropriate, or if it matters? Anyone been to both?

I keep worrying about my X's DUI and how he was when I last saw him and am trying to repeat mantra: he is not my responsibility, worrying about him won't achieve anything etc. but struggling a bit. I tried giving him back to God and handing him over to his care but still woke up at 5am worrying about it.

On the plus side, I've booked a holiday - going to spend a week in France in wine country (something I felt I couldn't do with XA given situation) with my mum. It felt good to do somethign for myself but then I felt guilty that X wouldn't get a break and needed one. Insane???!!! He had the chance at an amazing holiday I paid for and he drank day two and ruined it and our relationship with it. I know how illogical and nuts me feeling guilty sounds so why do I still feel it?

Thanks for listening.