View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
2magnolias

Originally Posted by flickedhisbic View Post
Thank you

However I'm worried, I have a tendency to self destruct. Replace one bad thing for another. It was cutting when I was younger and now it's drinking and with everything going on in the past couple weeks it's over working, over exercising and over doing it on everything. I just don't want to jump addictions anymore.
Red flag alert! Flicked, I do a ton of reading about addiction and this is one of those things the experts say to WATCH OUT FOR...that it means you're not in "recovery" because you're replacing one thing addictive thing for another. Time to do some looking for additional resources in your community, AA, RR, therapy, go see a psychiatrist, something different.

That saying about expecting different results while doing the same thing over and over again is true!

Changing our lives and growing is a vital part of continued sobriety. I don't have the answers, but I do know that when I go to my doc she always asks me questions to figure out if I'm "white knuckling" till the next drink, or truly in recovery.