Thread: 72 hours
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MrDavid

Question Re:72 hours

I hear you Alexo. I went through similar cravings myself, so I know how stressful it can be. They always seemed to peak right around 2 maybe 3 weeks sober. I couldn't get over that hurdle for the life of me; that was until my addiction counselor gave me some suggestions. This is what he said.

*One of the reasons behind our supposed cravings can be low blood sugar. So have your blood sugar checked by a doctor to see if its low or not.

*Eating a healthy meal, like fibre-rich whole foods, is essential. And lay off any sugary soft drinks. Drink water instead and lots of it. That's why they say in sobriety "don't get too hungry", okay.

Here's another suggestion Alexo; research this topic further with the help of a qualified physician. They can provide you with some additional information, if need be. Addiction counselors can benefit you as well, so give them a try if you can. Oh, one last thing; don't take this disease for granted, not now or ever. The key to my success has been acceptance, that and a strong sober connection. All of us can achieve the miraculous, but very few actually try. So stay connected sir and never give up hope. We won't, either should you.

Here's another link about cravings.
http://www.brighteyecounselling.co.u...ohol-cravings/