View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Tired3711

Originally Posted by sweetteewalls View Post
I had a plan before my AH walked out on me almost 2 months ago...Fathers Day I wanted my family of 5 to go to fishing today. We have all wanted to go fishing for years and Fathers Day was the perfect day. Instead my kids will be with their dad and I will be alone. I have no father of my own, so now its just me.

I get so angry on the special days whether it be a holiday, kids events, day in my life...they are not the same anymore. I know I will get over this, but for right now every special day has a dark cloud of "my family is broken". When AH was sober, we were happy. It hurts to think that when I was happy, maybe inside my AH wasn't which eventually cause him to walk out on us and live in a shotty motel, given up on his sobriety. I am so angry that he chooses that dysfunction over us.

I am sorry my posts are so negative right now. I feel like a Debbie Downer, but it is my reality. I am working, going to counseling, Alanon meetings (going today again) and spending time with friends but still, I feel so sullen. I am tired of waking up in sadness. I just want the bad days to pass. I know it will get better in time...just doesn't stop the hurting on the special days where we should be a family.
Boy I can relate but my AH is home with me but it is not a Happy Father's day that I would of liked because he is nursing a hangover and is at the moment "woe is me." I'm of course sitting her stewing and listening to him him be a jerk towards me, making every excuse in the book, its not from alcohol, it is his back and it is hurting really bad right now, blah blah blah.

Of course I want to rant, rave and smack him upside the head and say "Its all your fault." But I know it will do no good, I am just making myself be a Debbie downer today too and I know that I need to smack myself in the head and get on with it. I am letting this man steal my joy! I too and tired of waking up sad everyday and tieing all of my emotions to what he is or isn't doing.

Sorry to jump into your message, just felt the need to post to let you know that you are not alone today.