View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
angrywife

Having a bad day

Well after a relatively good week my weekend has turned to ****. After the stb ex AH left for Puerto Rico he has been nothing but hateful to me. Says he hates me, can't stand me, wants nothing to do with me. I have bit the worm a few times and responded with equally hateful words telling him what a horrible father he is for abandoning his kids, etc.

He says he is sober but he still sounds like his same old self with his "you hurt me so I'm going to bite back 10 times harder" routine. Thursday he tested me saying "I'm going to give you one more chance to be civil with me". I did not reply to that. I was civil with him. Even after I found out he was leaving without saying goodbye. He started with all the hate, but whatever.

So yesterday he tells my oldest son he's going to start school. Then he called me several times yesterday, I didn't answer but he left a voicemail asking for me to email him a copy of the tax refund so he can fill out the fasfa.

So supposedly he's sobered up and starting school and all it took was being away from us.
I find that hard to believe but ok. He's working no recovery program, It's just his happiness at being away from me that's working for him. His m.o. for as long as I've known him is to say things that aren't true just to gauge my reaction. He knows my buttons well and loves to push them.

Still I find myself being a little hurt that this could all be true. Chances are it isn't but since things have changed so drastically (him leaving the country) it makes me wonder.