View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Peter G

Originally Posted by Nitram View Post
How the heck do you remember that? That is insane (and incredibly... something). We had to put her down though. She went blind and braindead because of salmonella that the vet didn't discover in time to treat it.

Why and how do you remember that? It beats me so hard really.. Wow...

Anyway... Her death was one of the things that kept me drinking. But yea... Thanks for the advice...

HOW DID YOU REMEMBER THAT THOUGH? ITS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha!!! Yea, it's pretty much as Carol put it. With no alcohol eradicating the brain cells I have left, my returning memory is one of the first things that freaks me out. From what I've seen it blows sober alkies away on the regular.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Over the years my dogs (and one particular cat) are/were no less meaningful to me than anyone else, on two legs or not. Deep and unconditional love is limitless. Full stop. Losing them is easily as much a struggle as the times when I've lost friends and family, essentially because that is exactly what they become, friends and family. Some people might find that strange, I think it's as normal as sunlight.

At any rate, Bella is now in a far better place, and you are still down here with the rest of us, plodding away. Someone rather brilliant told me once that those who are taken too soon, ones that loved us dearly while they were here, they are only dishonored when we continue to self destruct. In remembering them well, our purpose becomes rather singular; to better the world around us, which - of course - starts in our own lives. In short, we remain here to live the life they wished upon us all along. And guess what amigo? They never once wanted us off our faces loaded, destroying and not creating, wasting time instead of making use of it.

So what is your plan now? Have you looked into any programs yet? Do you have an idea where to start? Are you ready to start? Believe me, if and when you do, there will be a tail wagging in heaven.