Old 10-11-2004, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
squirrel0112

light at the end of the tunnel

Kathy.. My husband has just went through a 35 day program in tennessee, He also wanted to come home but he had no phone privledges or anything for the first week.. no cell phone, pagers etc....at any time, the first sunday that I got to go up to see him,I could not believe the difference in his looks,attitude etc... I also seen in this particular rehab that many of the older guys, and girls, women who are very serious about the program have taken alot of the younger adults under theri wing and gave them hope, it was such a wonderful thing to see my husband who is a crack addict, talk to these younger and even older addicts/alcoholics about it getting easier and just take it one day at a time..... This particular recovery center has been the answere to our prayers, I just spent a weekend there for a family fundamentals classes.... This was so eye opening and When i left to go home on Sunday my Husband made the comment to me " It's easier letting you go home this time because I know we are going to be ok" for the first time in months I actually have faith that I can still love my husband but hate his disease. Your son is in the right place, if they have family thereapy get all you can get from it, it will help you along with alanon meetings and also SR has been a great place for me to get so much inspiration...My husband and I now have matching coins... The serenity prayer on one side and the name of recovery center on the other...GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!