View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1tiredchick

Someone please help me understand

I am posting here because I am wife of AH with mental problems and want to get answers from someone who may know. My AH (together 10 years) drank for 30 years. He is also addicted to percoset. He is 50 and last August went to detox and started AA. During the next 4 months of trying over and over, relapsing again and again, his personality changed, became a madman, yelling, irrational, memory going away, threatening suicide. Said he had no feelings for his mom, his daughter or for me and that if this was all there is to life, just working and coming home he didn't want it. His behavior got worse than it had ever been by far. Then in April he left and moved in with his 89 year old mother. Three weeks later he went to a friends house, took a bunch of pills, drank a bunch of beer and freaked totally out they told me. His friend called the police to come get my AH to prevent him from killing himself. They committed my AH to the mental ward at hospital. Now he is taking some kind of very strong meds, talks in a flatline, monotone voice, lost his job and stays in the house. We have no contact but I find out what's going on from his family. I am hurt so badly because I don't understand what his attempted recovery did to him and why it had such a bad effect. He won't have anything to do with me at all, I have been a good wife to him and been through hell. Why did he leave now and cut all ties? I am having such a hard time understanding this. I know his mind is messed up bad, but don't know what to expect or what to do. I attend Alanon but that doesn't seem to give me the answers I need right now. Can someone shed a light on this for me? i would truly thank you.