Old 06-13-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
wicked

Ilovemysoldier,

DesertEyes gave some wonderful advice about going to the chaplain. They will have all the information you need to get help. Consider yourself part of the Army family. You have every right to all the help you need. And there is a lot of help.
I was in the Army, active duty, enlisted for 8 and 1/2 years. IF all he gets is a Substance Abuse Program and a loss in grade he should be grateful. He could be out on his spice smoking butt with a dishonorable discharge.
Tell him I said to suck it up and drive on, this is totally on him!
Take the punishment like a soldier should, and stay away from that crap, cause he will only get one chance at this. Just one.
Since you called on him, instead of him having an "incident" with police, you probably saved his career. That is why they are sending him to substance abuse and not kicking him out right now.
Your job in the Army family is to take care of your home, yourself and your baby. He has to take care of himself. There are people who will absolutely help you with what you need. Maybe a trip to JAG is in order to make sure you get paid if he goes away to a program.
You love your soldier, you did the right thing. I hope he knows that when he gets out of treatment. Bless your heart with that little baby.
Yes, you will be fine, you just gotta ask.
:ghug3

Beth