View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
crazybabie

I would have said a tool until I read KE post I do use SR as a crutch (tool) in the way she described as well as a overall tool. I came here looking for a way to fix the addicts in my life
or addict when I first joined I didn't stay long the first round but I am in for the long haul this time.

What I found was not what I was looking for, I found the truth, I am grateful for that. I had to learn the truth in order to get out of denial. I had to know the truth to see I am sick. I have too know the truth in order to get well.

I read more than post lately seeking the ESH which is what lead me to F2F meetings, helps keep me as grounded as I can be at this time.

I also see it as a sounding board if I just need to get something out since everyone in my life is addicted or a RA from some substance. I have no other place well wait yes I do thanks to SR I now also have my meetings and the people from there.

I am grateful for everyone here, the newcomers remind me although minimal I have made progress, those who have found recovery (Yes, it is an on going process) give me hope that if I continue to work hard I will someday have a sense of peace, and the members who are what some call a bit harsh well I know that I need that as well.The people who come from the other side and share I need them as well.

Need sounds so codependent however this need IMO is not out of codependency it is for my benefit so I can live my life best as I can and the way I deserve.