View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

I am going to take a different tact here.

I am the mother of an addict (son). I have "been there" for him for many years. I am codependent (recovering). I taught my son how to treat women. I taught him that he can do anything and misbehave in any way and he will still be loved and accepted back into the warmth of my loving arms. And this is how he treats women. He thinks he can do anything--treat them any way he wants to. And he can. Because they keep accepting him back into the warmth of their loving arms.

I have stopped this maddening, insane behavior. Not because I don't love him--I do. But because this is how people learn to treat other people. If you keep allowing him to treat you poorly but he knows he will always be accepted back into your loving arms, he will keep doing it......because you let him.

As the mother of an addict, I truly wish that women would not allow my son to treat them like crap. I wish they would have the strength and wisdom to take care of themselves FIRST.....so that he can learn that women deserve to be treated with respect. YOU deserve to be treated with courtesy and respect.

gentle hugs
ke