Old 06-09-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
FrenchPink
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by erutxet View Post
I'm currently in rehab, I get out on Friday. While I have been here I've done my fourth step. I discovered that I'm very insecure and afraid of my recovery journey, to the point where clinging to virtual strangers seems like a good option. I'm very ashamed and filled with remorse concerning my behavior toward my sponsor and her ex boyfriend. I can see now that I really hurt my sponsor with my selfish desires, and I put her ex in a joyless position. I know I owe these people amends, I pray for answers each day. I meditate so I can distance myself from the sexual obsession I have with him. I am grateful for this series of events because I have learnt a lot about myself. I've been humbled by the steps and the input of others, I can truly feel my foolish and weak self will starting to melt away inside of me.
Congratulations on the personal breakthrough, erutxet! So happy to hear your rehab and AA is working so well for you. Remember, the door to join our Class of May 2012 is always open for you, too, if you'd like support in a class of regulars. Excellent job. Keep it up.