View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 01:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JellyBean123

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
Welcome Jellybean.

You will find amazing support here.

Educating myself about addiction, changed my life. It would be well worth your time to read everything you can regarding addiction. Only after I had a clear understanding of addiction could I begin to take care of myself.

Turn the focus to you, and your kids. Do what's best for the kids and you. Your hubby is going to do whatever he damn well pleases. This my friend, is ADDICTION.

Wicked is correct, your ex is trying to get custody of your kids, because of your drunken husband's actions. Is he seriously worth sacrificing your children over????
If that is not a huge wake up call, I don't know what is.

Perhaps you could revisit Alanon, try a different location. You have alot on your plate to deal with. Just know you are not alone, we are here with you. Keep posting.
I dont know about this site, but other sites will notify you if someone replies to your post so I thought I would clarify here to so you knew. Just a copy paste. It sounds awful the idea that I havent left him when the ex is threatening me but he is full of threats. He has even threatened it for me "never being home" when I was in school. If I ever get called into court and I know he isnt just trying to make my life miserable with constant threats, I will not hesitate to leave! Ghetto or dad here I come! Now, my family wont take me in, for that, they wouldnt hesitate!
The ex is threatening to take me back to court no matter what I do. If I stay, its because I am with a drunk. If I leave, its because im not stable, and will have to live in the ghetto again (had to as a single mom not getting child support in order to afford it all). I cant win no matter what I do with both of them.
I dont want to leave of course, but I am coming to the point where I think that will be all that works, I have started to accept that. I just finished school and am waiting to take my final test that has to be set up by the instructor. I got behind a semester because I had thyroid cancer and was not allowed to do my clinical hours. "To dangerous" but I did stay in lecture. School cant afford to pay the rep to come for one student so I have to wait till the next class finishes, kwim. When I have taken that, I will be able to get a job making enough to maintain our current lifestyle by myself. Then the ex cant say anything. He could just be tossing empty threats (which is like him, always has been) but I take those threats seriously and at this time I cant afford a lawyer, he can. Trying my best to CYA with him.