Old 06-07-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
choublak

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
Oh, that's a good one! My AH has never been a super handy guy but he's stronger than me and can do certain things that I don't have the strength to do. But, I am the yard person in our house including working the sprinkler system, taking care of the plants and the yard, and taking care of the pool.

Honestly, I've always been inclined to fix stuff myself mainly because my AH's ADHD would kick in and he'd start a project and then never finish it.
Last year(at our old house) he started painting the fake brick trim around the pool, it had red brick and gray grout lines. He did about 1/4 of it and then quit. I waited MONTHS for him to go out and finish. It drove me crazy! So, I finally went out and finished it myself.

Now, he started a new painting job at this house a few weeks ago. Our back patio is a painted surface that looks like flagstone but the paint is fading and it needs to be redone. So, he buys one color of paint, paints 4 of the 'stones', paints X's on the stones that will need this color, and then stops. So, I now have X's painted on my back patio and now it looks worse than before and he hasn't gone back to this project in the past 3 weeks. And, this time I refuse to take over the project, we just have too much decking and I didn't think it looked THAT bad before. Crazy.
I just wanted to say, I actually have ADHD, and I can relate to starting a bunch of "projects" and never finishing them. I have to work at it in order to be able to pace myself (one thing at a time) and make sure I follow through on things. LOL definitely not a fixer. Just thought I'd offer another perspective.