View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Donedrinkinbeer

New to sr and need help

Im new to the site and have been drinking heavly for 6 years. It all started when I got fired from a job I had that I got hurt at. It was the first time I had ever been fired and it hit me hard. I ended up sueing the company, made some money off it and there was no limit on money spending. Thats when the drinking started to get bad, at first it was only on weekends or on special events, then it was add a day here and there and before I knew it it was everyday and for any reason I could think of. My breaking point was when my wife had asked me if I got sick all over the kitchen and went back to bed and just left it, I dont remeber doing this at all. Im in some need of help my mind keeps telling me I want it but deep down inside I hate the fact I drink. As of right now im only one day sober and I want that relationship I had with my wife when we first meet. I know all my drinking has done some effect on my marrige but she is being very supportive about me getting better. I know its bad when I got home from work yesterday and I poured the rest of my beer down the sink and it was like I was poiring my soul right out of me. Please someone out there give me some advice how to make this eaiser to cope with. Thank you